New Team Appointed To Spearhead Apprenticeship Agenda in Liverpool City Region
The Liverpool City Region Apprenticeship Hub is pleased to announce the appointment of a new four-person team dedicated to shaping and driving forward the local Apprenticeships agenda.
The team consists of Mel Dodd: Skills Strategy Manager, Sara Drury & Sam Metcalfe: Hub Skills Brokers and Debi Shackley: Funding Development Officer. Under the direction of Siobhan Saunders, chair of the Hub, they will deliver a robust strategy to increase the number, quality and level of Apprenticeships in the region.
Coordination and support
The team will coordinate and support the activity of agencies involved in the promotion and delivery of Apprenticeships including strategic bodies, learning providers and colleges, universities, employers, schools, referral agencies and other key players in the region. In addition, they will plan and execute two large scale Skills Shows and support a variety of smaller events linked to Apprenticeships.
The new team will spearhead four strategic strands:
- Marketing & Communications Strand: raising the profile of Apprenticeships & Traineeships through events
- Learner Strand: providing individuals with support, guidance and career inspiration relating to Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Providers Strand: Working in partnership with Apprenticeships providers to ensure the needs of employers are being met, with a particular focus on Apprenticeships reform
- Employers Strand: Providing support to employers getting involved with Apprenticeships or Traineeships
The team will drive forward action plans for each of the above strands to achieve a key set of objectives including:
- A 5% annual growth in Apprenticeship starts
- A strong local Apprenticeship Hub brand with increased awareness of Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Increased numbers of LCR residents undertaking Higher and Degree Level Apprenticeships
- Raising the quality of Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Increased Apprenticeship participation and achievement specifically in growth industries for which are priorities for both Liverpool City Region and
The new team members invite anyone who wants to find out more about the role of the Apprenticeships Hub or who wants to get involved in one of the strategic strand areas to get in touch with:
Mel Dodd Skills Strategy Manager
If you have an event you are hosting that supports and promotes wider career choices for Apprenticeships before July 2018 and would like support from the Hub Team and/or sponsorship. Please contact Sam or Sara by 31st July 2017.
Sara Drury Hub Skills Broker
Sam Metcalfe Hub Skills Broker